Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Streams/Creeks: The More You Know




Perhaps you've seen a stream or know someone who has. No doubt you've pondered just what exactly they are. The fact is, we all have! After all, the stream (or "creek") is one of nature's greatest mysteries. Small, moving bodies of water that seem to come from no where and head toward... nothing.

In the old days people used to allow their horses to drink from streams but that seems to be a thing of the past. When was the last time you saw a horse? Or a stream for that matter? Are they both becoming extinct? In researching this topic by using my powers of observation, I came to find that horses in an inner-city park are a rarity... I searched high and low for a horse, even going so far as to scream "here horsie" repeatedly but was met only with frightened looks from children and threatening comments from angry parents.

Scientists believe streams stem from overflow of sewage from major cities such as Chicago, New York or Tulsa that are making their way to a sinkhole in Western Arkansas. It's a fascinating idea but I have a counter theory.

THE COUNTER-THEORY!!!!!


 

Are streams/creeks actually a magical residue from the fountain of youth?!? Yes this idea may seem strange but after sipping from a stream I happened upon in the wilds of Navarre I believe this may, in fact, be the case. How did I arrive at this conclusion? That would be giving away the secret of my deductive reasoning.

Also, upon some investigation of my own I have decided that most streams and creeks lead to a magical vortex located in the state of Ohio that leads to another world called Planet A. Again, my reasons will now and forever remain my own...

I believe this article will help and educate many of you as to the true nature of one of earth's greatest mysteries... the stream. The next time you see one I hope you'll stop, and take a long, refreshing sip of it's regenerative waters. As you do, I hope you'll whisper a word of thanks... to me, Indy. The man who granted you immortality.

Information compiled by: Indy

No comments:

Post a Comment